An Act to make provision about the interception of communications, equipment interference and the acquisition and retention of communications data, bulk personal datasets.
- To give certain group legal rights to carry out digital surveillance and access digital communication held by a person or organisation.
- Needed to keep up to date with present technology.
- Brings together all powers already available to law enforcement to obtain data about communications
- Make the powers and safeguards clear and understandable
- Overhauls the way the powers were overseen