This act protects staff at work
Primary piece of legislation covering occupational health ad safety in the UK.
- Employers have towards employees and members of the public
- Employees have to themselves and each other
- Certain self employed have towards themselves and others
The enabling act is a piece of legislation which a body grants the power to take certain actions.
An enabling act allows further laws (regulations) to be made without the need to pass another act.
Some regulations apply across all industries. (e.g. manual handling)
- Manual handling operations regulations
- Work at height regulations
- Health and safety (display screen equipment DSE) regulations
- Management of heath and safety at work regulations
- Provision and use of work equipment regulations