Personal development planning is the process of creating an action plan based on awareness, values, reflection, goal-setting and planning for personal development within the context of a career, education, relationship or for self-improvement.
A Personal Development Plan includes
- Awareness of skills you have
- Identify and develop skills ypu need
- Identifies what to achieve and how to achieve it
- Focus on potential study, career and personal development options and goals
Continuous Professional Development
A personal/professional development plan will aid the CPD process.
A CPD is the process of tracking and documenting the skills, knowledge and experience gained. Both formally and informally as you work, beyond beyond any initial training. It's a record of what someone experiences, learns and then applies.
- Increase inductry and sector competence and knowledge
- Increased employability potential and employment security
- Achieving accreditation to specific professional disciplines
- Maintaining currency and relivance to industry
- Achieving access to specific professional bodies
- Knowledge of and adherence to industry standards