Incident response is what you do when an incident is logged.
1. Initial diagnostic – This occurs when the user describes his or her problem and answers troubleshooting questions
2. Incident escalation – This happens when an incident requires advanced support, such as sending an on-site technician or assistance from a certified support staff.
3. Investigation & diagnostic – Once the incident is diagnosed, staff can apply a solution, such as changing software settings, applying a software patch, or ordering new hardware.
4. Resolution & Recovery – This is when the service desk confirms that the users service has been restored to the required SLA level
5. Incident Closure – At this point, the incident is considered closed and the incident process ends